Tuesday, May 1

compromise

The word of the week is compromise.

Compromise is a verb.

You compromise when both people give in a little to settle a disagreement.

If you and a friend are arguing over something, you may have to compromise in order to settle your argument.

My brother and I could not agree about what game to play. We compromised by playing my game for 30 minutes and then playing his game for 30 minutes.

Sometimes when you compromise, you don't get exactly what you want. But it is better to compromise with someone than to keep arguing! Good friends are always able to compromise when they have a disagreement.

Can you think of a time when you had to compromise?

17 comments:

  1. Once when I was in the car my brother and my family were picking me up from school. My brother and I were arguing about who would sit in the middle. So we had to compromise. I sat in the back, and he sat in the middle row. I get to to sit in the middle next time, which is today.:--)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once when I went to Helen's house. We were fighting about who could read DOGS GO TO DAYCARE first. We had to compromise. We decided to read it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister and I compromise at riding lessons by taking turns who goes first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I compromised with my parents on watching television. I do not watch when I get home because I have to do homework first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One time me and Deacon were fighting over who was going to jump in the lake first. We had to compromise.So we went together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to go out to dinner at The Commissary, but my brother wanted to eat at New York Pizzeria. I had to compromise with my brother. We went to eat pizza. The next time we are going to eat BBQ at The Commissary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother and I compromised when we both wanted to shoot the bb gun.We got another bb gun and shot them at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One time I wanted to play piano first but Lydia said I was going to play piano first,we had to compromise so I let her play piano first,tommorow I would play piano first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once when me and my sister were playing POLLY POCETS Maya wanted to play with the doll I was playing with. I compromised and said, " Why don't I play with her today and you can play with it tomorrow."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once my mom and I compromised when we decided we would go to the library for half of Graham's baseball practice and then stay at the practice for the other half.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One time my sister and I were fighting over watching KIRBY GOES TO KAPPY TOWN and DRAGONBALL. We compromised and decided to watch DRAGONBALL first.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This morning when my sister, my brother, and I were walking Maisy, we could not decide who would hold the leash. We had to compromise who would hold the leash first. My brother went first, then me, and then my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One day my mom and I were at a store and I said I wanted a toy and my mom said no. We had to get some milk we had to compromise who would get it first. I went first then my mom went to get the milk.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This morning my sister and me had a argument I was on the couch and she wanted to get on it so we both sat on it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to compromise with my mom at breakfast because she asks me to eat all my food and I don't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  16. On our family game night, my sister and I were arguing over which game we wanted to play first. We compromised and decided to play Sarah's Chutes and Ladders game first, then mine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Reid came over to my house. Reid wanted to play football, and I wanted to play Lacrosse. We had to compromise. We played football because he was my guest.

    ReplyDelete