Monday, February 13

cherish

Happy Valentine's Day, first grade! This week's word is a perfect word for Valentine's Day: cherish!

The word of the week is cherish.

Cherish is a verb.

Cherish means to care for or to feel love for.

When we cherish someone, it means that we care about someone, or that someone is special to us. I know you all cherish your friends and family! Here are some special people that I cherish:

I cherish my friend Mrs. Abell because she is a good listener.

I cherish my brother Matt because we do fun things together. This is a picture of my brother acting silly on our trip to Belize.

I cherish the high school students in the youth group at church because they are really good at serving others. Here is a picture of the youth group on a mission trip.

I cherish the first graders at St. George's because they are good friends to each other!

Who do you cherish? Write a comment that tells someone you cherish and why you cherish that person!

20 comments:

  1. I cherish my dog because she is in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cherish my mom, dad, brother, sister, and friends everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cherish my first grade class because they are a group of special students. We have had a super, fun time together this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great time in first grade to.

      Delete
  4. I cherish my mom, dad, and sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cherish my family,friends, and my teacher Mrs. Field. We always learn fun stuff in First grade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great time to.

      Delete
  6. I cherish my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do you cherish your family Logan?

      Delete
  7. I cherish my mom and dad because they are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cherish my dog, Daphne, because we play together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i cherish my mommy because she is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cherish my dad because he always uses a kind voice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cherish my mom, dad and sister because they are special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cherish my mom because I love her. I cherish my dad too because he helps me with homework.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cherish my mom and dad because they are good parents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cheerish Ms.Land becauuse she is really nice to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i cherish my brother and sister.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cherish my dad because he does a lot for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cherish my family because they do a lot for me!

    ReplyDelete