Tuesday, March 27

thorough

Hi first grade! You all did a superb job in the animal play this week! I think the "Who Am I?" slides that you made in technology really baffled the audience!

The word of the week this week is thorough.

Thorough is an adjective. It means complete or careful.

When you say the word thorough, it sounds like the word "throw" with an extra syllable in it.

It is important to be thorough when you are doing your homework so that you don't make mistakes!

I did not read my book thoroughly, and now I can't remember what happened at the end!

Can you think of a time when you had to be thorough?

23 comments:

  1. I have to be really thorough each week when I grade your spelling tests to make sure I do not make any mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thorough on my math tests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to agree with that Luke.:--)

      Delete
  3. I was thorough cleaning up my room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your room is really clean now.

      Delete
  4. I was very thorough doing my homework.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to be careful when I am sleeping so I don't fall of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do a thorough job when I take an AR test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do a superb job taking AR test. You are very thorough!

      Delete
  7. I was thoroughly when I had my costume on for the play.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thorough when I do a math test.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thorough when I did my homework on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did a wonderful job on your homework. Thanks for being so thorough.

      Delete
  10. Yesterday when I did my homework I wasn't thorough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thoroughly enjoy riding horses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was thorough when I read the comic book my step-dad gave me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am thorough when I take a spelling test.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am thorough in math quizes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thoroughly enjoy having a puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am thorough math test so I won't get any mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am thorough when I take AR test, spelling test, and math test.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am thorough when I do an AR test.

    ReplyDelete