Hi first grade! I have been having some problems with the videos here on my blog, so this week we won't have a video to watch. Hopefully I can get it worked out in time to make a video for next week's word. But don't worry, you can still look at the blog at home or in your classroom, and you can still write comments about the word!
The word of the week is service!
Service is a noun, and it means "a helpful act."
On Monday, we took a day off of school to remember the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I chose service as our word this week because lots of people spent Monday doing service activities as a way to honor Dr. King's memory. Dr. King believed that we should love everybody, and one way that we can show our love for people is by serving them.
Acts of service can be big or small. You can do small acts of service every day to show your friends and family how much you love them. I like to serve my mom by getting the mail for her and emptying the dishwasher. Mrs. Asbell serves me by making extra coffee for me when I look tired in the morning.
What are some ways that you can serve the people that you love? Could you make your bed in the morning? Could you help clean up around the house? Could you say something kind to a friend at school?
I want you to think of one act of service that you can do this week to show someone that you love them. It can be a big act or a small one! Then write a comment and tell me about the act of service that you are going to do.
I am going to help mom and dad set the table.
ReplyDeleteHuffman,
DeleteI think that will be a big help to your mom and dad. I bet they feel very lucky to have you as a part of the family.
I hope your parents are happy
DeleteI could take out the trash.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so nice Nate
Deletegood job Nate that was nice
DeleteThat will be good.
DeleteOur Cub Scout pack performed an act of service this week by collecting food to donate to the Mid-South Food Bank.
ReplyDeleteThat is very nice!
DeleteI was there to! It was so fun
DeleteGREAT!!!!!
DeleteOn Saturday, I will help my mom by collecting unwanted toys, games and clothes to give away to Good Will.
ReplyDeleteI will clean my room and make my bed as my act of service for the week. I will be kind to others.
ReplyDeleteThat is a great thing to do for service.
DeleteI serve my mom by taking care of my little sisters.
ReplyDeleteI bet that is a lot of help.
DeleteI try to be a service to Mom by unloading the dishwasher and clearing the table when Maya, Dad, Mom, and I are done eating.
ReplyDeleteThats a great idea. I hope they like that idea Sophie.
Deletethat will be a good help
DeleteI am going to help my Dad by getting the noose paper.
ReplyDeleteHi Logon That sounds Nice
Deletethat will be a good help
DeleteI try to service by clearing the table after everybody is done and might wash the plates.
ReplyDeleteI like that idea James, that is very nice!
DeleteI try to be a service to my Mom and Dad by helping with, Elise the 4 month- old baby sister.
ReplyDeleteI will try to be a service by helping my mom do the dishes.
ReplyDeletehelen what can you help with your brother .
DeleteI do my chorse for my mom like waking the dog.
ReplyDeleteI put my clothes for my mom and. I get the trash in the garage for my mom.
ReplyDeleteI put the garbage out as a helpful service act.
ReplyDeletetucker you must work hard
DeleteI think your family will be pleased .
DeleteI am going to fold laundry with mommy.
ReplyDeleteI always help by recycling. We also help by making a stand like. . . a lemonade stand or a cookie stand or I take the trash out. I will do one of these this week.
ReplyDeleteI will make my bed and try to be nicer to my family.
ReplyDeleteluke that was nice of you.
DeleteI would like that too!
DeleteGREAT!
DeleteI will help my mom and dad by feeding the dogs and making sure they have water.
ReplyDeletethat will be a good help
DeleteGreat, you are a great helper.
DeleteThat is a great act.
DeleteI will clean my room.
ReplyDeletewow logan that sounds great and fun i hope your parents are happy .
DeleteI would like that too!
DeleteThat sounds so nice Logon
DeleteI think that is a great act of service.
DeleteThats great,that must be a great job.
DeleteI love serving others in the small ways. A simple smile or holding the door makes me feel good.
ReplyDeletehelp get the mail
ReplyDeleteFeed my mom's dog
ReplyDeletei always clean my room
ReplyDeletethat will be a good help
ReplyDelete