Monday, January 30

hasty

Hi first grade! I made a new video this week, so we'll try it and see if it works. Remember--if you can't watch the video in your classroom, you can still view it at home with mom or dad. You can also read about the word below and leave a comment.

The word of the week is hasty.

Hasty is an adjective. It means "done quickly or with little thought." Hasty can also mean "fast."

Being hasty is not always a good thing. If you are hasty when doing your homework or seat work, you could make careless mistakes. If you are hasty while baking, you could forget to add an important ingredient.

The opposite of being hasty is being careful or taking your time.

Click the play arrow below to watch a video about the word hasty. Then leave a comment. When was a time that you were hasty?

17 comments:

  1. Don't be hasty on your home work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hasty in basketball

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Land's hasty decision ended up costing her money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a hasty runner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lydia can swim really fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a hasty hockey player.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a hasty soccer player.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Giants quarterback is hasty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really hasty at coloring pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am hasty at my homework, drawing pictures, and cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am hasty on the playground.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm hasty at homework and diner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes I am hasty when I am doing my homework.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was hasty when I ate my food so I could play my new game.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My friend James Is hasty when he runs.

    ReplyDelete