Tuesday, April 10

glum

The word of the week is glum.

Glum is an adjective.

Glum means "gloomy and sad."

If you are unhappy about something, or if you have the blues, you could say that you feel glum.

Mrs. Abell was frowning, so I asked her, "Why do you look so glum?" Mrs. Abell answered, "I am glum because I really wanted to run outside today, but it looks like it is going to rain."

Can you think of a synonym for glum? What about an antonym?

Tell me about a time when you felt glum.

15 comments:

  1. I am glum because Aly hast to go home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glum when Deacon and Tate left my house.

      Delete
    2. I'm glum because Logan can't come to my sleepover .

      Delete
  2. I feel glum because soccer practice was canceled by the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was glum because my cat ran away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glum because I lost the chess game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I left my aunt's house I was glum...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glum because I got a splint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was glum yesterday because i had to go to bed during my favorite movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was glum when my my dog Blane died.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waking up for school every morning makes me glum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was glum when I wanted to go outside and play with my friend but they were weren't outside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glum when I have to do math and reading with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I felt glum when I lost my first baseball game.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glum when my class doesn't have recess.

    ReplyDelete